Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Get Weak

I have decided to name my blog postings after song titles or random lyrics from songs, since it seems like that is what I have naturally done with past posts (except for my first blog). So this blog title comes from "I Get Weak" by Belinda Carlisle. The reason for this title is I HAVE MONO! :( BOO!! I went to the Student Health Clinic yesterday, and after a strep test came out negative they decided to run a blood test, which indicated mono. When the doctor told me the diagnosis, I was relieved. I had an absolutely horrible race on Friday at Iowa State, and I couldn't figure out why. I ran 11:34, which would have been very embarrassing for a 3000 meter time in high school. I have felt generally tired the last week or two, so knowing there was a reason for feeling like crap was kind of comforting.

So... I am finished with indoor. I am missing out on the UNI Dome Open this Saturday and Conference at UNI the next weekend. After my race at Iowa State, I kind of lost any hope for having a good season. My best time in the 3K this season was 10:52, which I was content with, but anticipated improving as the meets progressed. I won't be able to run for probably three to four weeks, though the doctor said I could try the stationary bike after two.

I am taking the rest of this week off from school and work for sure, and will see how I feel next week. I got an extension on a programming assignment due Friday, but I have another programming assignment and a speech due next week. I had also planned on going to the career fair, but whether I end up going to that is to be determined.

No comments: